Has DIY become OMG? Most people know their way around a bottle of drain cleaner and plunger, but that’s usually the extent of most people’s plumbing knowledge. That’s why it’s vital to know the warning signs of a clogged or damaged pipe before it bursts or backs up. Here are five signs that you need a pipe inspection in Ambler PA.
1. Signs of wear: Most people don’t inspect the pipes in their homes. All homeowners should have the pipes inspected at least twice a year. Copper water pipes that have green or white discoloration, especially around joints and seams are corroded and slowly leaking. Galvanized steel and cast iron pipes that show red patches are rusting and about to burst.
2. Gurgling sounds: Hearing gurgling noises when you run the dishwasher or use the toilet may be a sign that you have a clogged or compromised drain. With this problem, the only solution is to call a plumber to unclog the pipe.
3. Low water pressure: If your water pressure is low, there may be an eroded waterline, fractured pipe, or water leak in the system. Don’t try to fix these compacted issues yourself—call in a professional immediately.
4. Slow draining: If you notice your bathroom and kitchen sinks are taking longer than usual to drain, it is probably best to call in a professional to discuss out the source of the clog. Likewise, if your bathtub, toilet, or sink won’t drain after you attempt to use plungers or drain products, call a pro, quickly. Trying too hard to release, the clog will only lead to more pipe damage.
5. Sewage odor: If you’re suddenly hit with the smell of sulfur, you might have a broken sewer pipe or vent under your home. Left unchecked, broken pipes or vents can wreak havoc with your foundation.
If you need have a plumbing problem, why wait? We can help you today! To schedule an appointment for a pipe inspection in Ambler PA, contact us at PlumbPRO Services or visit our website at www.plumbproservices.com to make an appointment. We offer full-service, state-of-the-art plumbing services to the clients we serve. You can depend on our plumbers when you need help in a hurry.